It is amazing to me that you really don't have to have anything special planned to keep this kiddo entertained. This weekend was one of those weekends that I can say that I just sit back and smile. He is a mess!!!! Friday afternoon Will got to take a nice dip in the pool with Pops and Tuts. I got to the house and walked out on the back porch and was greeted with a big "DAAAAAAADEEEEEEEEEE"!!!! Just about melted. He was sitting there with Tuts eating figs!!! FIGS!!!!!!! I think he would eat anything that you put in front of him. He appeared to really like them.....whatever. Just glad that eating is not a problem for this one. Then we enjoyed supper with the fam....just a good way to wind down the week.
Saturday morning it was up and atem, bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6:50 a.m. It was quite comical. He let out his usual morning stretch grunt ( heard it on the monitor), grunted a few more times and started talking. Got his morning milk and headed in to see him sitting in the middle of the bed with everything in the bed around him. We got up and enjoyed a little Curious George, Calliou, and some Sesame Street. After a good morning of playing and eating, we both got in a cat nap. It was lunch, changing into our suits and heading to the pool with friends. We seem to have had a regression in the swimming lessons. He is still kicking and "scooping" with his hands, but he will not jump in the water from the side of the pool. He did enjoy the sitting edge in the pool, I bet he walked a mile on that thing. We packed up after a few hours of sun and fun and hit the house to get some supper ready. Swimming really does that appetite good. Ate like a pig!!!
I wish that I could say that Sunday was as good. It was a good morning, we were dressing for church this morning and his finger and toe nails were getting trashy, so I began the arduous tasks of cutting them. NOT one of his favorite grooming chores. We both struggled through the process and on the last nail, his pinky, I nicked his cuticle. WELLLLLLLL.....that did NOT go over too well. His finger bled like I have never seen. It was on his shirt, on the chair, on me, on him and he was NOT a happy camper. After 4 Band-Aid attempts, i was able to get one on and he just cried and cried and cried. We watched Cars, ( bet you could not have guessed that!!!) and he did eventually fall asleep on my chest. THAT part was pretty good. Got him down after a little bit and cleaned a little bit. We got our lunch in and, of course, watched CARS some more. Books were all over the living room floor today. I think that he had every single book that he owns in here with us. We had a meal fit for the two Kings that we are and off to the DQ to get a little ice cream. We went and visited with friends for a few minutes and down for bed.
He is trying sooooooo hard to talk. I think that we are on the verge of talking. He has numerous words that he works at and he has been saying "home "the past few weeks. So I can only imagine what we are in for next.
I have added a few pics from the weekend for you to enjoy and just to show you how stinkin cute my Buddy is. PLENTY of reasons to sit back and smile. Just not enough hours to make more of these memories....
Love,
B & W
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment